Speech therapy is an intervention service that focuses on improving a child’s speech and abilities to understand and express language, including nonverbal language. Speech therapists, or speech and language pathologists (SLPs), are the professionals who provide these services.
Speech therapy helps kids with language-related learning issues, such as speaking, listening and writing. Find out if speech therapy is right for your child. The treatment of speech and communication disorders. The approach used varies depending on the disorder.
Treatment in the context of speech – language disorders does not mean medical treatment. It refers to rehabilitation, teaching, counseling or behavior modification.
Clinic with its experienced speech language pathologists, offers treatment for a variety of speech & language disorders. Highlights of the treatment are:
- Treatment on systematic and scientific lines.
- Customized treatment to suit patients’ specific needs.
- Involvement of significant others in the treatment process.
- Use of state of art equipment. Regular monitoring to assess efficacy of treatment.
- Assistance with academic and vocational placement.
Treatment services are available for:
Speech dysfluencies: Aims to modify rate of speech, regulate breathing and reduce muscle tension. Over the last few decades, the Institute has successfully treated a large number of Persons With Stuttering (PWS)
Articulation & Phonological Disorders: Aims at improving intelligibility of individuals’ speech. Institute has software programs for providing therapy for these disorders
- Voice: Aims to reach the patients’ optimal pitch, loudness and quality
- Language therapy: Aims to rehabilitate individuals with language impairments (such as, Specific Language Impairment (SLI), Aphasia, Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), etc.), by adopting a multi-modal stimulation approach (i.e., auditory, visual, tactile)